Saturday 25 August 2012

Hello Hello Hello,

I have really been rather wonderful! I know I haven't written in a while so I will try and keep it brief while fitting everything in. I know I said I was going to move on from McLeod, but I'm still here. I am so very happy here and I have so much fun and I have some wonderful friends and there are always things to do, so I decided I can stay here longer if I want because I can do whatever the fuck I like and I worked hard to be here and I don't need to justify myself if I love it here. Anyway, moving on from that. Soon His Holiness the Dalai Lama is giving teachings so I am sticking around for that and I have a regular gig teaching English at the Hope Centre* which is wonderful. So I am sticking around for a while and it is brilliant. This past week has flown by. Last Saturday I went to the Rock Carve Temple which is about an hour and a bit drive away through gorgeous mountains and tea plantations and it was magnificently beautiful apart from the fact that I felt really car sick and maybe had to spew when we got out of the car but that's really not important. It was really beautiful, a massive carved temple sat amongst the rolling rice fields. The next day my gorgeous friend Carly took myself, gaybeard Brian the Irishman and some others to Tong Len Hostel which is an amazing organisation set up to provide kids from the slums with accommodation while they go to school. The children there were so incredibly lovely and Carly and I danced our faces off with the girls who taught us bollywood moves. Golly it was fun. The rest of the week has flown by in a blur of rain, dampness, tea, reading, drawing, kora's (clockwise walk around the DL's temple), moving into a new room which is beautiful!, sticking up posters in the rain for Hope Centre, and lots of fun. Last night we all had a night out and danced madly at Mountview ('There aint no party like a Mountview party cause the Mountview party don't stop!') and my darling friend Cindy La and Dee the crazy Irish lass were so funny and they laugh at me for how sensible I am while I am still so young and how it should be the other way around and we laughed and laughed all night. Today the rain is still pouring down and because it's saturday we are allowed to sit in Carpe Diem all day and drink tea while Johan plays his guitar and Freddie, Carly's dog, snuggles under the table and I read my book and everything is wonderful. Tonight we are all having dinner because Gaybeard Brian and Dee and Yotam and his girlfriend are leaving tomorrow which is rather sad. It's just struck me that all these names mean very little to you but ah well, you'll deal with it, that is if your even still reading. Actually I'll admit I was rather excited because my blog now has over 1000 views and while I know that in the eyes of Buddhism these things are 'attatchments' and a superficial sense of joy I couldn't help but be happy anyway. Happy. Happy. Happy. I think I'll go buy some new tights because these ones have a hole in them. I hope you are all wonderfully fantastic. All my love, xxx