Sunday 12 August 2012

Greetings all,
It's been a funny ol' week here in McLeod. Time is simply flying by despite the fact that I am not really doing much at all. The majority of my time is spent reading, drawing, perusing book shops, consuming delicious digestables with familiar folk and wandering aimlessly taking photos of the glorious mountains whenever the rain stops long enough for the clouds to disperse and reveal the twinkling peaks. Most days it rains for an hour or two and the streets become gushing rivers sweeping all manner of shit with it.  When the rain stops the cloud lifts and we are treated with beautiful clear views of the mountains and the valley. One of my favourite times of day is when school finishes (I know I sounds like a creep, right?) and all the Tibetan kids are running through the streets buying lollies or swinging off their parents arms laughing their heads off. It's really wonderful. Although it does make me miss my sisters (and you too Finn). When I am not drinking tea and reading I wander the streets, frequenting H.H the Dalai Lama's temple and watch the monks debating and the monkey's frolicking. This week has been tough, there have been lots of times when I wanted to be at home with all my family and I was very almost tempted to buy a ticket home, but I suppose it is best to soldier on, because I am having fun. I think this week I shall finally uproot myself from the comfort of McLeod and make the gruelling journey up to Leh, which sounds amazing from what people have told me. From there I think I will make my way back down through Ladakh/Kashmir and then who knows. We shall see how much money is left. Realistically I think I'll be needing to head home at the end of September, and honestly I think I will be ready to go home by then. But we will see, plans never seem to work out the way you think, so who knows what will happen? Until next time, all my love x.