Monday 16 April 2012

As the rain pours down outside it's struck me that, being a tight arse and having bought tickets in june, I'll be chillen in India in practically constant rain. Ahh, got to love monsoon. To be honest I have been aware I'll be in India for the wet season since I bought my tickets, but I have only just fully realised what that means. Raincoat. Now this is a very similar situation to the 'windcheeter' (sheeter? gargh) incident. What garb can I clad myself in which will maintain relative dryness, comfort, warmth and isn't khaki or induces a gag reflex? Golly, it is a hard life...
I have now had all my vaccinations, which were nowhere near as bad as I thought they might be. So fuck you Hepatitis! And all I need to do now is get insurance and a visa. More expenses. I am slowly making progress in the funds department. Having to  spend $180 on vaccinations was a demoralising blow, but hopefully I shall remain disease free! Except for you Rabies, in which case I shall need to leg it to a Hospital as fast as I can. Not alot more is happening in the way of India. I am getting extraordinarily excited, although sometimes I do wake up in the middle of the night crying and thinking 'WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?', but that doesn't happen too frequently, so all's swell as can be. A lot of crosswords are being done, and I'm turning into a Grandma. But that's it.