Monday 14 May 2012

6 weeks until I leave. Yes, I am shitting my pants (literally when I get to India).

In regard to my previous sook fest/post I feel I should let you all know that I did find an insurance option which wasn't quite as detrimental to the funds department, $320 I ended up spending on it, which covered me quite well. I have also, god forbid, invested in a credit card. If I could I would kick myself in the head. Not that I am planning to use it, but just having it in my possession makes me feel as though I am already in debt up to my eyeballs. But it does make me feel better knowing that if the proverbial shit hits the fan than I have enough money to buy a flight home/survive for a while.
In other news, I might be going to an INDIAN WEDDING! And yes, you should be extraordinarily jealous. I am so crazily excited it's just becoming ridiculous. I'll get to wear a sari and dance and watch all the craziness that shall go on! It shall be simply superb!
This week many of my friends have jetted off to various parts of the world and it makes it really sink in that everything is starting to happen. It's one thing to talk about a trip for months before hand, but this shit is starting to happen, and it's fucking scary. It's bowel shiftingly exciting and scary and nerve racking and awesome and I think I might start going crazy soon. I have my two nights booked in Kuala Lumpur and three nights booked in Kolkata, which shall be interesting considering in Kolkata right now it is 34 degrees and 71% humidity, and it's just going to be hotter and rainier and crazier when I get there. I decided I'd splash out and spend an extra 200 Rupees ($4) for air conditioning, making it 800R all up. I know right, big spender. After my time in Kolkata I'm going to catch the train to Chandigargh, which is going to be insanely awesome. It takes about 36 hours, so it'll be interesting. In Chandigargh I'll stay with some friends for maybe a week or two and then catch the train up to Shimla. And that's about as far as I am going to plan. I'll see what I feel like doing and let the flow of adventure drag me where it will. 

I also feel I have to tell you all that I bought some new tights. Some new green velvet tights. Some beautiful new green soft velvet awesome tights. I can wear them on the plane, right? That's what the shop lady told me. But then again, she was just trying to flog me her wares. I am going to perish in India. But at least a heap of people will be that much richer for it. Myself not included.