Thursday 19 July 2012

Greetings dear ones,
I hope all in the land of sanity is as swell as ever. I am certainly enjoying myself here. Time is just flying by in a blur of meditation, eating, exploring, chatting, playing cards, napping and whatever else I find to do. The weather has been superb, beautiful warm days, occasionally punctured by a sudden monsoonal downpour after which the skies are incredibly clear.  My mornings begin with the fucking hefty walk uphill to Tushita meditation center for my morning meditation class, which I know sounds like a load of shite but it's super relaxing and clears my head and helps me get rid of whatever shit I have buried deep inside (come on, I know we all have a bit). From there the world is my mushroom as you would say Grandma. A spot of breakfast followed by a wander around, perhaps a purchase of some new socks and then maybe a game of cards with my swiss friends Jenny & Marina. We have found a great Japanese restaurant which is super yummo, and another cool hangout called Carpe Diem. The other night I went and saw a movie with two new Irish friends. Goodness it was funny, the 'cinema' was a room with makeshift stairs and a  computer connected up to a screen. The quality of the movie was highly questionable (Dark Shadows), especially when a silhouette on the screen stood up and walked out. Halfway through the film the door eerily opened and a mangy dog wandered in, curled up on the floor and watched the movie. Goodness it was funny.
Walking down the street the other day I was almost crushed by an approaching elephant, elaborately painted and decorated. And today I was attacked by a crazed, hungry monkey. Yeah, it's funny now, but I almost wet myself at the time. I can only imagine how hilarious it must have looked. It's been madness, but a lot of fun. Even just watching the Tibetan monks in their maroon robes meandering through the narrow streets, or listening to them chant and pray at the Dalai Lama's palace is wonderful. And then you constantly have to remind yourself, shit, I'm in the Himalayas! And I'm eating Japanese while The Smiths are playing! This shit is insane! It's been crazy. And yet wonderfully relaxing doing whatever I want, reading and drinking tea for two hours while it rains outside. Meandering through the pine forests while the mists drift up the mountains. Having a beer on the rooftop terrace with friends and listening to a Tibetan guy sing traditional songs to raise money for destitute Tibetan refugees! It really has been grand. Of course there are always times when all I want is my Mumma and my Pappa and to be at home in my own comfy bed. But that will always be there, and for the moment I am stoked to be here!

As always, I hope you are all as wonderful as ever. It is so lovely to know that there are people out there who enjoy reading my nonsense. All my love, until next time, Jessa xxxxx