Monday 23 July 2012

Hello hello.
Life is as mad as ever here in the Himalaya. The past few days have been fun. On Saturday I started a "JewLarry" course (as the sign out the front says, classic) which has been grand. I have learnt how to macrame bracelets and necklaces with stones. The teacher is a super lovely little Indian girl who is just about the sweetest person on earth. That night myself and my two new Irish friends went out for a drink...whoah. An incredible learning curve. Do not drink with Irish girls. Goodness it was a fun night, but a disgusting amount of alcohol was ingested. I didn't feel particularly fresh the next day. Last night myself, Marina, Jenny and Mike went to see the local celebrity the "Lion Man". This was a rather interesting experience. He did traditional Tibetan song and dance and also a more 'free/interpretive' style which incorporated the audience. I certainly felt rather alive when we emerged. Pretty funny stuff. Today the four of us went up to Dal Lake (maybe 4km away) which was pretty cool with the mists floating over the water. Marina and myself made the most of the misty piney atmosphere and listened to the Harry Potter theme song. It was awesome. Then we visited the Tibetan Children's Village only to discover that it was holidays. There were still some kids about but they were all doing there own thing. Perhaps I'll be able to go back. On Wednesday I begin a 10day 'Introduction to Buddhism' course and shall thus be out of contact until I emerge an enlightened being. Haha. It should be interesting at least, certainly a challenge remaining silent for 10 days. mmm. yep. We'll see.
My dear swiss friends go home tomorrow, so I daresay I shall miss them terribly, but it has been super fun hanging out with them. I'm going to visit them in Switzerland one day =)
Anyway, that's about it for the moment. I'll be back in the real world ten days from wednesday, so until then, stay wonderful. All my love, x.